Monday, April 12, 2010

Fertility RollerCoaster

David and I got married in November 1996.

In January 1997, I found out I was pregnant and we were overjoyed. I told David in a TRU parking lot and he locked the keys in the car. Luckily, my door was still unlocked. Laugh! At 8 weeks pregnant, I had a miscarriage. That was in Feb. 1997.

Through the years we tried clomid, timed sex, different sexual positions, vitamins, special diets, and some medical tests. We didn't have medical insurance all the time.

In Feb. 2005, David got a job that had great insurance and we were able to get serious about fertility. I found out I had PCOS. David got his sperm analyzed and he was perfect. I had a HSG done and was told one of tubes was blocked. I had a surgery to clear out the blocked tube in July 2006. After the surgery, the RE said the tube wasn't truly blocked. I did have polyps and scar tissue though, That was all removed.

I started Weight Watchers in October 2005 at 356 pounds.

In August 2006, we tried injectbles and an IUI. It was a failed attempt.
In January 2007, we tried again. The amount of meds was upped and we scored!!!! I was 203 pounds when I got pregnant.

At 5 weeks along, I started to spot and was terrified. Things settled down a few days later. The RE said the bleeding was the 2 eggs they didn't fertilize during IUI were sloughing off.

In September 2007, Ryan was born vaginally.

David and I didn't plan for anymore kids and didn't use birth control. Why should we? It took 2 IUIs, a RE, and 10 years to get pregnant with Ryan.

Surprise!!!! In January 2010, I found out I was pregnant again. I couldn't believe how that could happen. I was way overweight and there was no medical help. I weighed 298 pounds.

At 12 weeks along, the NT tech said there is an 80% chance that I am having another boy. 

I am 17 1/2 weeks along and last week I found out that my baby has a 5% chance of having Trisomy 18. I will be having another ultrasound on April 21st to see if we can find anything out. I am scared and worried.

In wrapping this up, I am on my 3rd pregnancy. I have had one miscarriage at 8 weeks in 1997. I have a handsome son named Ryan and I am expecting a new baby 2 weeks before Ryan's 3rd Birthday.

2 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you! I hope and pray all goes well with your new baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a ride! hoping for nothing but the best for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete